Job Title: Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Oligonucleotide Chemistry
Job Number: 31268
Location: Cambridge, MA
Korro Bio is seeking a passionate and self-motivated (senior) research associate to join our oligonucleotide chemistry discovery team and work together with exceptional scientists in a dynamic, growing company. The successful candidate will be responsible for the synthesis, purification and analysis of oligonucleotides to advance our RNA editing drug discovery platform and programs. The successful candidate must express a high attention to detail, be comfortable multitasking and be able to function in an interdisciplinary and fast-paced startup environment.
- Execute solid-phase synthesis, purification, and downstream processing of chemically modified oligonucleotides and oligonucleotides conjugates at different scales using modern automated oligo synthesis platforms
- Operate, maintain & troubleshoot equipment for oligonucleotide synthesis such as MerMade, Dr Oligo and AKTA Oligo Pilot, and purification (IEX, RP-HPLCs), desalting and lyophilization.
- Track progress, analyze, organize, and present data at meetings
- Maintain a well-documented electronic laboratory notebook
- BSc or MS in a scientific subject, chemistry preferred
- Experience in the automated synthesis of peptides or oligonucleotides is a plus
- Strong laboratory skills and high degree of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation
- Detail-oriented, and excellent problem-solving abilities
- Exemplary organizational skills, self-motivated and able to consistently meet deadlines