Job Title: Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Discovery
Job Number: 31115
Location: Cambridge, MA,
Carmine’s Discovery team in Cambridge is looking for a Research Associate or Senior Research Associate to join our exciting journey to develop the next generation of gene therapy. This individual will have broad responsibilities to deliver discovery projects and support research needs within the organization. An ideal candidate is independent, meticulous, technically competent, and able to work efficiently across multiple projects.
- Carry out and analyze in vivo and in vitro experimental studies to advance RBCEV gene therapy platform and pipelines.
- Evaluate and interpret collected data and prepare oral presentations or written reports.
- Contribute to experiment design, troubleshooting, and scientific discussions to achieve R&D milestones.
- Maintain accurate and detailed documentation of experimental data and inventories on electronic lab notebook.
- Provide backup support for lab management duties, including procurement and equipment maintenance.
- Contribute to building a culture that embraces scientific excellence and integrity with a sense of urgency and collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Support the continued creation and expansion of the company’s intellectual property
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
- BS/MS in Biology or a related field with relevant industry/academic experience.
- Basic laboratory techniques that include cell culture, flow cytometry, and molecular biology.
- Prior in vivo mouse experience (mouse handling, injections, and routine bleeding) is an advantage.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Energetic, highly motivated, supportive, collaborative, and the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and multidisciplinary environment.