Job Title: Research Associate, Screening and Bioinformatics
Job Number: 22102
Location: Cambridge, MA
Casebia Therapeutics is seeking a research associate/senior research associate, depending on experience, to join our Screening and Bioinformatics group, based in Cambridge, MA. The successful candidate will help the Off-target analysis platform with next generation sequencing (NGS) for the Ophthalmology group and with guide RNA (gRNA) screening for company-wide projects. We are seeking candidates who have a strong background in molecular biology and experience with NGS library preparation and automation. Bioinformatics analysis and CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing experiences are a plus. Additionally, candidates should be familiar with mammalian cell culture and transfection.
- NGS library preparation, QC and instrumental run
- Screen hundreds of gRNAs for project teams
- Plan and process samples with automation equipment
- Coordinate projects with CROs
- Assist in NGS data analysis
- Gather and organize experimental data
- Write SOPs, maintain the lab reagents stocks, and keep good records in ELN
- BS/MS in a relevant scientific discipline with 2 – 5 years’ industry experience
- Expertise in cellular and molecular biology is required (mammalian cell culture and transfection, quantitative PCR (qPCR), in vitro assays)
- Experience with in vitro screening, CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing, and bioinformatics preferred
- Experience with NGS library preparation, Bioanalyzer, Illumina instrumental run, etc.
- Experience with automation equipment such as Biomek i7 is a plus
- Knowledge of scientific principles and concepts
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated multitasker organized with significant attention to detail