Job Title: Research Associate / Scientist – Biomarker Development
Job Number: 21941
Location: Cambridge, MA
The Role: We’re seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Associate or Scientist with a strong background in biomarker technology to join our Biology Department and contribute to building our pipeline for renal diseases. The successful candidate will focus on the discovery and progression of novel biomarkers and therapeutics for Goldfinch programs. Responsibilities include research to identify, evaluate, and characterize relevant blood, urine, and kidney biomarkers that will provide useful pharmacodynamic and efficacy endpoints in preclinical and clinical settings.
- Develop and implement clinical-ready assays to measure biomarkers and enable data-driven decisions on program progression.
- Utilize multiple molecular and biochemical techniques (e.g., Western blots, Immunoassays, ELISA/MSD, FACS, PCR-based techniques, etc) to support biomarker discovery across multiple programs.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to support preclinical drug discovery and development.
- Commit to helping the team achieve deliverables and meet aggressive timelines.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- B.S. M.S. or Ph.D. in Biological Sciences, with at least 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, CRO, or equivalent.
- Experience with immunological, biochemical and molecular biology assays, including ELISA/MSD, protein quantification, Western blotting, PCR-based techniques and mammalian cell culture.
- Experience with assay development, including reagent development, assay protocol optimization, troubleshooting and statistical methods.
- Hands-on experience with clinical samples.
- Experience with handling and processing biofluids (urine, serum, plasma).
- Experience with exosome biology is preferred.