Job Title: Research Associate, in vivo
Job Number: 21136
Location: San Francisco, CA
We are seeking a Research Associate to join an exciting, fast-growing and well-financed new company to develop novel gene editing therapies for serious diseases. The successful candidates will be integral in discovering and developing the next generation of therapies for hematological diseases. The successful candidates will have experience executing and analyzing in vivo experiments in hematology, specifically the hematopoietic and immune system. Basic cell and molecular biology skills are desirable. The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, and a desire to create important new medicines for patients.
- Plan and conduct gene-editing in vivo mouse studies in support of hematology therapeutic portfolio.
- Data entry, analysis, technical report writing, and presentation of experimental results in small and large group settings.
- Maintain accurate and well-organized records and documentation.
- BS or MS in biology or related discipline and 0-2 years of relevant research experience
- Experience in rodent handling, experience with immunodeficient mice a plus.
- Experience with cell/drug delivery procedures (IV, IP, SC, IM, Oral) and blood and tissue collection.
- Ability to learn and conduct other animal-related techniques.
- Proficient in animal welfare and local, state, and federal guidelines for animal care and use in research.
- Good organizational and oral and written communication skills, ability to focus attention to details
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a results-oriented research team.
- Ability to contribute to the preparation of laboratory reports.
- Weekend work may be required