Job Title: Research Associate II
Job Number: 62471
Location: Tampa, US
Research Associate II Position in Cancer Biology
Dr. Chang Jiang’s lab
Department of Molecular Oncology
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute
Research in the Jiang Lab (https://biochangjiang.github.io/) at Moffitt Cancer Center is centered around the role of antioxidant systems in oxidative stress and cancer therapy resistance. We are recruiting a highly motivated, organized, and team-oriented researcher with the title of Research Associate II to support an exciting project on NRF2 regulation in lung cancer.
· Demonstrates proficiency in basic molecular biology techniques.
· Is well experienced in culturing mammalian cell lines and/or primary mammalian cells.
· Must Have experience working with mouse models of cancer.
· Must have the ability to work well as part of a team.
· Must have good organization skills and careful attention to details.
· Must be able to manage time efficiently.
· Maintains laboratory equipment in a clean and working order, including coordinating instrument standardization documented by written report.
· Reorders stock laboratory supplies when depleted under appropriate supervision.
· Contributes to the preparation of manuscripts, grants, administrative and research compliance documents as directed by supervisor.
· Technically responsible for the collection, organization, and permanent documentation of data in physical and electronic formats as directed by immediate supervisor.
· Responsible for data analysis using standardized procedures and protocols and under minimal supervision.
Credentials and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field. Master’s Degree in relevant field is preferred.
· Hands-on research experience is required.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing your research training and accomplishments, scientific interests and goals; current CV, and contact information of three references to Dr. Chang Jiang ([Please click the Apply button for the link or email])
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant “to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.” The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences, and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.
Application Deadline: 2024-02-10