Job Title: Research Associate I/II, Cell Biology
Job Number: 25493
Location: Lexington, MA
We are seeking a highly motivated, organized individual with demonstrated competencies/ability to learn new cell-based assays quickly. The successful candidate will join the fast-growing, vibrant Biology Team. She/he will be conducting innovative research in the discovery pipeline, aiding the advancement of several key programs through method development for both in vitro and in vivo studies. These activities particularly include differentiating iPSC lines for in vitro lung disease-modelling and drug screening studies. The environment nurtures innovation, and encourages career growth, therefore the individual will have the opportunity to learn a range of novel cell and molecular biology techniques.
- Culture and maintain highly technical cell models and routine cell lines for downstream applications
- Perform iPSC directed-differentiations to establish in vitro lung disease-models
- Help in vitro screen test articles in mid-to-high throughput formats
- Efficiently perform laboratory techniques including flow cytometry, basic microscopy, RNA extraction and RT-qPCR
- Document observations and results, provide updates and present scientific findings at team meetings
- Take on additional responsibilities, including weekend work as per tissue culture needs
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree with 0 – 5 years of lab experience
- Experience with aseptic tissue culture methods, culturing stem cells or primary cells preferred
- Experience or knowledge of basic molecular biology techniques such as total RNA extraction, RT-qPCR, immunocytochemistry, and basic microscopy
- Well organized with methodical attention to detail, and ability to document experimental observations and results in a timely manner
- Enthusiasm to learn and ability to operate in a fast-pace, demanding work environment without compromising quality
Translate Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.