Job Title: Research Associate – Analytical
Job Number: 25617
Location: Lexington, MA
We are seeking a highly motivated and scientifically rigorous individual to join the Delivery and Formulation Development team as a Research Associate. The position will focus on analytical work for formulations and on high throughput processing, characterizing, and analysis of drug products.
- Conduct experiments and develop new assays for analytical characterization of formulations.
- Assist in establishing novel processes and analytical techniques for high throughput (HT) manufacturing of formulations.
- Identify suitable vendors for obtaining equipment and instruments for HT analysis of drug products.
- Support drafting new and revising existing protocols for high throughput manufacturing and characterization of drug product.
- Contribute to writing/reviewing processing method protocols/analytical method protocols.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations for clear communication of scientific findings across interdisciplinary teams.
- B.S./M.S. in Chemical Engineering/ Pharmaceutical Sciences/Chemistry/Physical Chemistry.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in making lipid nanoparticle (LNP) formulations, analyzing and characterizing LNPs, and working in research/manufacturing/production group.
- Direct experience with messenger RNA encapsulation/quantification/characterization/handling is preferred.
- Experience with automation such as liquid handlers and developing protocols for the same is preferred.
- Works collaboratively within group as well as within interdisciplinary teams.
- Manages time effectively demonstrating the ability to perform multiple projects at one time.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Translate Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.