Job Title: Research Assistant – Espinosa-Diez Laboratory (Req1181)
Job Number: 56712
Location: Detroit, US
Position Reference number Req1181:
Are you ready to be part of an exciting new chapter in scientific research? The Espinosa-Diez Laboratory at the Center for Molecular Medicine and Genetics, located at Wayne State University in Detroit, MI, is preparing to open its doors in October 2023, and we are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Research Assistant to join our vibrant team. Our laboratory focuses on the intersection between non-coding RNA biology, microvascular remodeling, and cancer-induced vascular toxicity. As a Research Assistant, you will have the opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge vascular research while working in a team-oriented environment that emphasizes mentoring, collaboration, diversity, and inclusion.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific field
· 1-3 years of experience in a research setting
· Conduct experiments related to non-coding RNA reprogramming and vascular disease, following established protocols and procedures.
· Collaborate with lab members on data collection, analysis, and interpretation, contributing to ongoing research projects.
· Perform molecular and cellular techniques, such as cell culture, PCR, RNA/DNA extraction, qPCR, and Western blotting.
· Support the management of the lab’s mouse colony, including genotyping and maintaining detailed records.
· Contribute to the preparation of scientific reports, manuscripts, and presentations, under the guidance of senior lab members.
· Maintain a clean and organized laboratory space, ensuring compliance with safety protocols and proper waste disposal.
· Attend lab meetings and research discussions, actively participate in scientific exchanges and share insights.
· Foster a collaborative and inclusive environment by promoting diversity, inclusion, and respectful communication within the lab.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Good knowledge of molecular biology
· Familiarity with laboratory techniques, including cell culture, PCR, RNA/DNA extraction, qPCR, and Western blotting.
· Familiarity with mouse handling and basic experimental procedures involving animal models.
· Ability to accurately record and analyze experimental data.
· Basic understanding of data analysis software and statistical methods.
· Good organizational and time management skills.
· Communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration within the lab.
· Ability to work independently while also contributing to a team-oriented environment.
We offer a competitive salary and a stimulating research environment with opportunities for professional growth and mentorship. Wayne State University is an equal-opportunity employer, and applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit your CV, a cover letter detailing your qualifications and research experience, and contact information for three professional references through Wayne State University application system with reference number Req1181
Application Deadline: 2023-11-24