Job Title: Project Manager
Job Number: 24447
Location: Cambridge, MA
We are looking for a highly organized and experienced project manager to work with research and development leadership and with cross-functional project teams to drive multiple programs with audacious goals. The successful candidate will partner and build strong relationships with key colleagues across functions and will effectively communicate across all levels of the organization and manage complex project timelines.
- In partnership with each project team, develop and manage a detailed project schedule, work plan, and timelines to efficiently track and connect activities among internal departments, including Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Synthetic Biology, and Data Sciences.
- Maintain an Action-Decision log for project team meetings and work with decision owners to ensure progress is on target.
- Anticipate and surface timeline risks and bottlenecks for supported programs, and create and communicate mitigation / contingency plans to drive deliverable's.
- Challenge project teams to consider alternative perspectives to ensure development of robust strategies in line with the company’s overall approach, mission, and goals.
- Maneuver through multiple, complex initiatives and work streams and independently resolve complex issues and competing priorities.
- Provide regular project updates to stakeholders at all levels of the organization on project strategy, status, and adjustments with rationale, including meeting minutes and agendas.
- Ensure project management effectiveness through the institution and effective use of common templates, processes, dashboards, and reports across programs.
- Define standards, processes, and tool sets that develop the project management discipline across R&D.
- Master’s degree in Biology, Chemistry or related scientific field is required; Ph.D. preferred
- 5+ years experience in the Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry
- 2 – 3 years in a drug discovery or development PM role
- Advanced PM skills and understanding of drug discovery and development processes; PMP certification preferred
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvement initiatives and coordinate resources from diverse functional groups
- Business acumen and excellent oral and written communication skills, translating to an ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Excellent technical, time management, organization, and planning skills