Job Title: Project Manager: Portfolio and Program Management
Job Number: 22799
Location: Lexington, MA 02421
We are seeking a highly motivated and scientifically rigorous individual to join our team as a Project Manager within our Portfolio and Program Management group. The successful candidate will report to the Associate Director of Program Management.
- Person will be responsible for creating and managing various project plans, establishing agendas, minutes etc. and working closely with functional leads to drive key initiatives forward.
- Provide operational and strategic support to various functional leads regarding drug discovery research, platform biology, CMC and drug development initiatives as well as provide wider cross functional context to drive decisions.
- Utilize their expert knowledge of the drug discovery process to facilitate communication and coordinate activities related to the prosecution of novel targets and platform biology.
- Individual will also assist with the day to day management of key activities associated with highly functioning multi-disciplinary project teams, including the alignment, tracking, management and communication of key activities to drive decisions and ensure projects progress to support the needs of the business.
- A proven ability to drive team cohesion, enact change and provide context and frameworks to efficiently solve challenges in a matrix environment.
- Ability to leverage broader perspectives and connect the major elements of drug discovery and development to proactively identify opportunities and provide options/solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-awareness and ability to manage team dynamics.
- Displays a high degree of integrity, enthusiasm and operates from a framework of possibility.
- A minimum of 5 years direct drug discovery and development experience in a biotechnology organization and a proven ability to drive cross functional teams
- Demonstrated success with handling multiple projects coupled with a strong knowledge of the discovery process.
- Must be motivated, creative, energetic and adaptable, responding constructively to challenging new ideas, information and situations.
- Excellent organization skills with great attention to detail and a desire to grow within a dynamic, fast paced biotechnology organization.
- Individual is driven by a sense of urgency to develop therapies for patients with significant unmet medical needs.
- BS/MS or PhD in biomedical or biotechnology field with in-depth knowledge of drug discovery and development expertise and a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Excellent knowledge with all aspects of MS Office including Visio and MS Project.
- Domestic and occasional international travel may be required.
- Only candidates with demonstrated experience as described in the role summary will be considered for this highly visible role.