Job Title: Procurement Manager
Job Number: 25494
Location: Lexington, MA
We are looking for a detail-oriented, highly motivated professional with strong communication and organizational skills to join our team as a Procurement Manager. The successful candidate will report to the Associate Director of FP&A and will be part of our growing Accounting and Finance team. The person in this role will be responsible for establishing sourcing and vendor management processes as well as assuming responsibility for supporting the acquisition of goods and services for cost centers across the organization. The person in this role will be responsible for establishing sourcing and vendor management processes as well as assuming responsibility for supporting the acquisition of goods and services for cost centers across the organization.
- Develop, lead and implement process improvement strategies to streamline sourcing and procurement
- Support creation of key performance indicators metrics (operational, savings, quality, customer satisfaction)
- Select, develop, and maintain supplier relationships
- Negotiate prices, create purchase orders and place orders
- Effectively negotiate long term procurement agreements
- Develop new supply sources as needed and pro-actively identify potential future sources to be evaluated and qualified.
- Investigate and implement cost savings proposals including alternative sourcing, alternative materials, supplier and material consolidation, and efficient freight-in costs.
- Develop, review, and obtain Legal approval for proposed supply contracts.
- Interface with departments across the organization to address process exceptions including material needs, accounts payable discrepancies, receiving issues, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or relevant field
- 4-7 years of procurement experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated success in developing a strategic procurement process
- Strong negotiation skills in all aspects of sourcing and procurement
- Ability to work across multiple departments in a team environment with people at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Translate Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.