Job Title: Principal Scientist, Platform Chemistry
Job Number: 24211
Location: Cambridge, MA
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist to join our chemistry platform team. The individual should have expertise in troubleshooting synthetic methodology and designing safe and scalable synthetic routes.
- Drive the expansion of internal chemistry capability by developing and optimizing novel synthetic methodologies for stapled peptides.
- Serve as scientific expert in process chemistry to develop safe and scalable routes to custom amino acids and APIs.
- Strategically plan a robust material supply chain to support formulation, IND-enabling studies as well as clinical trial material while being compliant to good laboratory and manufacturing practices
- Work cross-functionally to develop phase appropriate analytical and purification methods, impurity isolation, and identification.
- Guide selection CROs/CMOs and manage external projects and CRO/CMO performance to obtain compounds critical to achievement of corporate goals.
- Broadly impact overall discovery chemistry by enhancing efficiency and throughput of reactions to produce next-generation cell-penetrating mini proteins.
- Communicate with other teams to ensure optimal coordination and efficiency across R&D.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry with 7+ years of industry based synthetic chemistry experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of cutting-edge chiral synthetic methodology and catalysis.
- Strong track-record of bringing innovative solutions to solve chemistry problems.
- Experience in bringing drug candidates to first-in-human studies
- Capacity to execute tasks independently to achieve company goals on an established timeline.
- Knowledge of excellent communication, organizational, multi-tasking, and teamwork skills.
- Enthusiastic and adaptive to work in a dynamic research environment.