Job Title: Principal Scientist, Peptide Chemical Biology
Job Number: 21583
Location: Cambridge, MA
We are seeking a motivated PhD Scientist to be an integral member of the Chemistry group, responsible for using our powerful peptide discovery platform to identify and engineer novel inhibitors of undruggable target proteins. The successful candidate will be a skilled experimentalist with deep knowledge of peptide chemistry and chemical biology methods.
- The candidate will work as an integral member of a team of chemists, biologists, and proteomic scientists to integrate chemical biology strategies into our discovery programs. Work will be focused on intracellular tracking of peptide drugs targeted protein degradation. elucidation of mechanism of action, target identification, validation, off-target selectivity and tox profiling,
- Collaborate with the discovery biosciences department to implement multiplexed screening platforms to rapidly evaluate peptide libraries for affinity maturation and other peptide properties such as permeability, and metabolic stability.
- Use structure-activity-relationship from medicinal chemistry programs, computational modeling to design peptide tool compounds with chemical probes or photoaffinity labels to interrogate target engagement and MOA of targeted protein degradation.
- Develop a molecular toolbox of chemical biology approaches for Fog’s drug discovery with chemical probes, photoaffinity reagents, fluorescent dye labeling, targeted protein degradation.
- Serve as a scientific expert in chemical biology by proactively evaluating new technologies in the field, being well versed with current literature and provide scientific knowledge and support to other team members.
- Develop and implement new methods to advance our peptide drug discovery efforts.
- Design and safely perform experiments, working independently as well as part of a team to produce quality results in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure optimal interaction, communication and provide regular updates on project status to the program leads and leadership team.
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, medicinal chemistry, chemical biology or related field with 7+ years of industry experience.
- Expert knowledge of chemical biology principles and technologies, and their applications in target identification, validation, target engagement, and off-target selectivity in complex biological system, with an ability to find creative solutions to problems.
- Proficient in peptide chemistry design, synthesis, characterization, bioconjugation technology, and SAR analysis
- Experience with chromatography and mass spectrometry data analysis, method development, strong familiarity and aptitude with LC and MS instrumentation, and MS Software.
- Experience of chemical biology or medicinal chemistry in targeted protein degradation is preferred.
- Prior experience leading projects or a team is a plus.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to deliver results on schedule in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Capacity to execute tasks independently to achieve company goals on an established timeline.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and a personality of risk-taking, positivity, leadership, adaptability, adventurousness, and excitement to build a pioneering company and work in a dynamic, goal and performance-oriented team environment.