Job Title: Principal Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Job Number: 23321
Location: Cambridge, MA
We are looking for a Principal Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry to join our team with expertise in designing therapeutic peptides to lead a program from hit to development candidate nomination.
- Formulate and implement an integrated chemistry strategy, working in concert with partners in de novo discovery, molecular and cellular biology, pharmacology, computational chemistry, structural biology, and other key functions to reach hit-to-lead/lead optimization goals.
- Design, propose, and execute medicinal chemistry plans, partner with cross-functional teams to generate data to support development candidate nomination.
- Serve as a scientific expert in peptide medicinal chemistry with both internal and external partners to generate new research ideas and initiatives. Inspire and mentor internal team members in laboratory synthesis and problem solving.
- Liaise with CROs and manage external projects to obtain compounds critical to achievement of corporate goals.
- Lead and motivate both chemistry and multidisciplinary sub-teams.
- Ensure optimal interaction/communication and provide updates on project status to the program/leadership team.
- Assist in the preparation of intellectual property documents.
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry with 7+ years of Industry experience in pharmaceutical/Biotech setting required.
- Proficiency in SAR analysis and utilization of multi-parameter optimization.
- Demonstrated expertise and a track record of success in advancing discovery programs from target validation through lead optimization
- In-depth knowledge of peptide chemistry is a plus.
- Capacity to execute tasks independently to achieve company goals on an established timeline.
- Expert knowledge of modern methods of synthetic and peptide medicinal chemistry with ability to find creative solutions to problems and motivate team to achieve extraordinary results
- Experience in overseeing and directing day to day scientific activities of junior staff both internally and at CROs is required
- Excellent communication, organization, multi-tasking, flexibility and team skills.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety procedures.
- Enthusiasm to work in a dynamic research environment.