Job Title: Principal Scientist, Liver Biology
Job Number: 30448
Location: Cambridge, MA
Korro Bio is seeking a passionate and creative biologist with expertise in in vitro assay development to join our Target Biology group, working in close collaboration with an enthusiastic team of highly skilled scientists in a dynamic, high-growth company. Reporting to the Director of Target Biology, the successful candidate will design and execute studies to validate novel targets and evaluate novel drug candidates for the treatment of genetically diverse and chronic liver diseases.
- Independently develop, perform, and troubleshoot in vitro functional assays, including Western / ELISA / MSD, cell-based fluorescence / luminescence assays, and biochemical / enzymatic assays.
- Adapt and optimize assays for high-throughput screening.
- Assess scientific literature around a variety of therapeutic targets to design well-controlled experiments, including evaluation of available cell-based models and molecular tools such as reporter systems.
- Analyze, interpret, and present experimental data in multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Coordinate with high-throughput / platform biology teams to generate and compile key proof-of-concept data to support go / no-go decisions on target candidates.
- Manage projects with external labs (CRO or academic) and assay transfers.
- Review internally / externally-generated analytical data for accuracy, maintaining detailed records in an electronic lab notebook.
- Write and review SOPs, study reports, posters / publications.
- Evaluate and facilitate adoption of new technology / equipment to expand team capabilities.
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology, or related discipline.
- Experience with cell and molecular biology techniques, including ELISA / MSD, Western blot, qPCR, mammalian cell culture, and transfection.
- Experience with plate-based readers and analysis software, such as SoftMax Pro, BioTek Gen5, GraphPad Prism, and Excel.
- Exceptional attention to detail and documentation.
- Experience with lab automation equipment is a plus.
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task activities to effectively manage workflows and deliverables.
- Strong team orientation, with excellent written and oral communication skills.