Stealth NewCo Gene Editing & Delivery
Job Title: Principal Scientist – Gene Therapy
Job Number: 30678
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Sci.bio has partnered with an exceptionally well funded, gene-therapy stealth co aiming to unlock the full potential of gene therapy based on
a novel delivery platform coupled with proprietary CRISPR gene editing technology . This is not your average start-up and is founded by a prominent, world-class leadership team
and Board of Directors.
What makes us different? Over the last decade significant progress has been made in developing powerful technologies for genomic medicines. However, one major challenge for gene therapies remains: the effective and safe delivery of genetic information to patients. Our modular gene delivery platform, derived from the human genome, allows us to package and deliver therapeutic payloads safely into the human body. Together with compact CRISPR gene editors, our approach positions us to overcome these challenges and transform the way genomic medicines are developed and deployed.
We are founded by a world leader in CRISPR technologies, with a best in class Board of Directors, and funded by investors committed to our mission.
We are seeking energetic, motivated scientists to join our team in developing these new technologies and who are unwavering in their commitment to making an impact on patients’ lives. As an early member, you will help shape our scientific foundation and company culture.
We are seeking a motivated Principal Scientist, Gene Therapy with deep subject matter expertise in CRISPR-based technologies and therapeutic applications. In this role, you will lead our discovery efforts,designing and implementing medium- to high-throughput screening assays with genomics and functional readouts in disease-relevant cells. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience designing, conducting, and analyzing gene editing experiments using next generation CRISPR technologies such as Base Editing, Prime Editing and CRISPRoff. The successful candidate will lead our in vitro gene editing and screening efforts, identifying candidates and guiding them through early development towards IND. You will bring together transformative gene delivery and editing technologies and lead collaboratively from the bench in a fast-paced environment.
- Design and conduct editing/arrayed screening experiments using our proprietary CRISPR gene editors
- Develop genomics and functional readouts in disease relevant human cellular models
- Design and implement high-throughput assays for gRNA and nuclease screening and identify hits for lead optimization
- Contribute to the evolution of our new non-viral delivery platform for targeting various tissues and cell types
- Act as an expert resource for complex problems and issues; drive strategic programs
- Manage Research Associates as needed
- Communicate findings and results, maintaining laboratory notebooks with scientific integrity
- Support IP development of our Intellectual Property portfolio; prepare reports and manuscripts
- Present results and lead discussions about research strategy with your team and cross-functional groups
- PhD in Molecular Biology or related field with 6+ years of relevant work experience. More than 3 years of experience in industry is preferred
- Broad experience in (epi)genome editing and gene therapy/nucleic acid therapy modalities (essential)
- Experienced with medium- to high-throughput screening assays and automation
- Knowledge of gene delivery methods including transfection, electroporation, viral and non-viral based methods
- Excellence molecular biology skills including library cloning techniques, qPCR, ddPCR and NGS (essential)
- Record of scientific excellence demonstrated by publications of scientific work and industry project experience
- Self-motivated, scientifically rigorous with strong organizational skills; a commitment to keeping accurate, detailed experimental records
- Strong desire to work on early-stage technology development and lead from the bench
- Demonstrated project leadership skills, driving for results and innovation
- Accustomed to effectively communicating progress, needs, and problems.
Our stealth company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics. Valuing respect, curiosity and inclusivity is required.