Deciphera Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Job Title: Principal Investigator – Biological Sciences
Job Number: 22087
Location: Lawrence, KS
The Principal Investigator – Biological Sciences will be an experienced PhD molecular/cell biologist with 6+ years of industry experience. This person will work as part of the drug discovery team to enhance the company pipeline of drugs to treat human diseases. The ideal candidate is an innovative and strategic leader who can guide their team of scientists and independently lead new projects and programs. The Principal Investigator will play a major part in the target selection and rationale of working with particular kinases and helping to establish new projects.
This position will report to the Chief Scientific Officer at Deciphera’s research facility located in Lawrence, KS.
Validate new molecular biology and cell-based assays needed to understand activities of kinase inhibitors against cancer cells and immune cells
Generate new transient and stable-transfected cell lines needed to understand activities of kinase inhibitors
Analyze ex vivo samples from studies performed at CROs
Explore potential biomarker assays
Contributes to the identification and validation of new drug targets
Mentor and train scientists in the laboratory
Track and record data into corporate database and notebooks
Generate reports and create presentations as required by the organization
Participate in the preparation of scientific abstracts and manuscripts
Effectively work in a team environment: communicate and plan research with others also working on the project
Adhere to corporate policies including safety, FDA compliance and regulatory matters
Perform other research duties when requested
Able to independently work in a fast-paced environment.
Values other people and promotes the welfare of the organization and colleagues
- Ph.D. in Molecular/Cellular Biology or related field with 6+ years of industry experience
- Knowledge and expertise with target selection and rationale for working with kinase inhibitors, as well as a strong understanding of ADME
- Supervisory experience leading cross functional discovery teams. Willing to lead and mentor lab-based scientists
- Experience working on programs that have advanced to pre-clinical and/or IND enabling phase
- Familiarity with genome databases, protein data bank and other relevant databases. Up to date with current kinase literature and platforms and can conduct competitive intelligence searches
- Good knowledge and experience with a wide range of molecular and cellular biology techniques (ELISA, flow cytometry, Western blot, CRISPR and si/shRNA).
- Experience with medium throughput (96 and 384-well) cell-based screening assays employing a variety of readouts
- Effective oral and scientific/technical writing communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency using MS Office applications and other software (e.g. Prism) is required
Deciphera offers competitive compensation, including equity-based compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, life insurance and a flexible spending account for either health care and/or dependent care.