Job Title: Postdoctoral Scholar in Neuroscience and Molecular Biology at UChicago
Job Number: 69403
Location: Chicago, US
Postdoctoral positions in neuroscience and molecular biology are available in Dr. Xiaochang Zhang’s Lab ([Please click the Apply button for the link or email]) at the University of Chicago. The lab focuses on the function, mechanism, and therapeutic potential of mRNA processing in brain development and disorders. We develop and apply cutting-edge genetics, transcriptomics, and single-cell approaches in animal models, human cells, and cerebral organoids. Our recent work uncovered functions of cell type-specific mRNA isoforms, some of which are druggable targets for neurological disorders.
Successful applicants will work closely with Dr. Zhang and other experts in developmental neurobiology, transcriptomics, and translational research. The Zhang lab is in the Department of Human Genetics and the Neuroscience Institute. The lab has established research platforms and close collaborations with UChicago labs.
Recent publications from the lab:
- Upregulation of SYNGAP1 expression in mice and human neurons by redirecting alternative splicing. Yang R*, Feng X*, Arias-Cavieres A, Mitchell RM, Polo A, Hu K, Zhong R, Qi C, Zhang RS, Westneat N, Portillo CA, Nobrega MA, Hansel C, Garcia Iii AJ, Zhang X. Neuron. 2023;111(10):1637-50.
- PIE-seq: identifying RNA-binding protein targets by dual RNA-deaminase editing and sequencing. Ruan X, Hu K, Zhang X. Nature Communications. 2023;14(1):3275.
- Single-cell long-read sequencing in human cerebral organoids uncovers cell-type-specific and autism-associated exons. Yang Y*, Yang R*, Kang B, Qian S, He X†, Zhang X.† Cell Reports. 2023;42(11): 113335.
- Infernape uncovers cell type–specific and spatially resolved alternative polyadenylation in the brain. Kang B, Yang Y, Hu K, Ruan X, Liu Y, Lee P, Lee J, Wang J† and Zhang X.† Genome Research. 2023;33:1–14.
- Progenitor cell diversity in the developing mouse neocortex. Ruan X*, Kang B*, Qi C, Lin W, Wang J†, Zhang X.† Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2021;118(10).
- Recent PhD or MD/PhD within 2 years after graduation
- Established track records in molecular biology, neuroscience, developmental biology, or stem cell biology are preferred.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
Interested candidates please send a pdf file including the following to Dr. Zhang ([Please click the Apply button for the link or email]):
- A short summary of present and future research interests.
- CV with a list of publications.
- Contact information for two or three references.
Application Deadline: 2024-05-06