Job Title: Postdoctoral Scholar in Metabolism and Aging_Shamsi Lab
Job Number: 72521
Location: New York, US
A postdoctoral research position is available at the Shamsi Lab within the Department of Molecular Pathobiology at New York University. Research in our lab is at the interface of metabolism, cell biology, and development and focuses on understanding the mechanisms of thermogenic adipose tissue development, function, and aging. We combine cutting-edge molecular, genomic, proteomic, and metabolic approaches to understand the complexities of adipose tissue development, function, and systemic metabolism. For more information about our team and our projects, visit our website ([Please click the Apply button for the link or email]).
We seek a highly driven and creative individual interested in metabolism, aging, and/or developmental biology to lead a multidisciplinary project aimed at understanding the mechanisms of brown fat aging. The successful candidate will join a vibrant and collaborative team of scientists, committed to fostering a culture of teamwork and the highest level of scientific rigor and integrity.
· The selected candidate will leverage multidisciplinary methodologies and models to address important questions at the nexus of metabolism and aging. Training opportunities in molecular and cellular biology, single-cell and spatial transcriptomics, proteomics, and physiology will be available, alongside collaborations with experts in these areas.
· The Shamsi lab is part of the vibrant NYU campus located in the heart of Manhattan. NYU offers postdoctoral scholars an excellent benefits package and many career development opportunities. Salaries are competitive and based on qualifications and experience, ranging from $65,000 to $75,000.
· NYU offers a competitive salary and benefits package, along with subsidized housing costs in Manhattan. Consistent with University and College policies, we also provide comprehensive support for qualified international visa applicants, where applicable.
· We are committed to building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable research team that values diversity in backgrounds and ideas. We welcome and strongly encourage applications from diverse candidates, particularly those from racial and ethnic backgrounds, and groups that have been historically underrepresented in the scientific community within the US.
Qualified candidates must:
· Have a Ph.D. in biological or biomedical sciences or a closely related discipline.
· Have experience and interest in metabolism, cell, and molecular biology, aging, and/or single cell biology.
· Be motivated and creative, with a strong ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot experiments.
· Be comfortable working independently while maintaining a team-based mindset.
· Have excellent experimental, scientific writing, and organization skills.
· Be able to communicate scientific material and work well in a collaborative environment. Good oral and written communication skills are a must.
· Meet the eligibility criteria established in the NYU Postdoctoral Appointment Policy
Applicants should submit: 1) Cover letter / Statement of prior research experience and career goals; 2) Curriculum Vitae; and 3) Contact information for 2-3 professional references.
Questions about the position and additional documents should be directed to:
Farnaz Shamsi, PhD
Email: [Please click the Apply button for the link or email]
Application Deadline: 2024-04-01