Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow in Molecular Programming / Synthetic Biology
Job Number: 64596
Location: Austin, US
The [Please click the Apply button for the link or email] is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to work on the design principles of synthetic and natural DNA(RNA) networks, and the experimental construction of such networks in the wet lab. The [Please click the Apply button for the link or email] works with information-bearing molecules like DNA and RNA to create artificial biomolecular programs, and wet-lab experiments are combined with new mathematical abstractions that help guide programming of molecular function.
Our group consists of interdisciplinary researchers interested in unconventional computation broadly defined (such as chemical, analog, and quantum). Our research combines theory such as defining models of computation and proving theorems, with laboratory experiments such as making DNA-only systems that compute. Successful applicants should have multi-disciplinary interests in addition to proficiency in biochemical laboratory experiments. The researcher will work closely with the PI and other members of the research group but is expected to be highly self-motivated.
You are encouraged to look at some of our publications to see examples of the work we do and our approach; please explain why you think you would be a good match in your Cover Letter / Letter of Interest.
This is a temporary training position that can be renewed annually, for a maximum of five years, based upon performance review, progress towards research goals, and continuation of funding.
- Work under the guidance of the PI to design and implement experimental studies, develop the relevant theory, write and edit manuscripts, and give presentations. (60%)
- Maintenance of lab equipment, purchasing of supplies, ensuring adherence to safety regulations. (20%)
- Mentor trainees and junior lab members. (20%)
- Prior experience in general wet-lab experimental techniques (e.g., PCR, electrophoresis, etc)
Demonstrated record of peer-reviewed publications
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a diverse team environment; excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
$60,000 + depending on qualifications
Application Deadline: 2023-10-31