Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow- Behavior and Circuit Neuroscience
Job Number: 68233
Location: Baltimore, US
Postdoctoral Scientist – Neural circuits of emotion and decision making
The Juarez Lab (https://www.thejuarezlab.com/) at the University of Maryland-Baltimore (Baltimore, MD) is seeking to hire a postdoctoral scientist. The candidate will lead
research projects focused on determining how cellular excitability regulates emotional states and decision-making behaviors for natural and drug reward in mice. The Juarez lab uses circuit dissecting ex vivo electrophysiology and 2-photon imaging, in vivo fiber photometry, viral based CRISPR/Cas9 gene-editing, sequencing, and methods to manipulate neural activity in animal models of stress and substance-use disorders. Experience with mouse behavior, neurophysiological (ex vivo or in vivo) recordings, molecular biology, and/or computational modeling is preferred, but not required.
- Design, perform, and analyze experiments.
- Present data at group meetings and conferences.
- Contribute to writing of publications, create figures for papers and grants.
- Assist with general lab duties.
The Juarez lab is dedicated to the career development of scientists, whether they want to remain in academia or not. The Juarez lab believes that an equitable and diverse research environment produces the best scientific discovery.
Doctoral degree (PhD/MD/DVM) in specialty area from an accredited university training program
Interested individuals should:
1. Visit https://www.thejuarezlab.com/positions to email a cover letter, description of past and future goals, and their CV
2. Fill out UMB’s job application here: https://umb.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=22000178&lang=en
Application Deadline: 2024-03-31