Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow
Job Number: 57718
Location: Charleston, US
The laboratory of Stefano Berto, PhD seeks an energetic and motivated post-doctoral research fellow to join a dynamic and highly productive team of investigators in Summer/Fall 2023.
The research goals are to study brain biology on the genetic and molecular levels using integrative computational approaches. Our research interests include developing and applying novel computational frameworks on large-scale multi-omics data from neurodevelopmental disorders such as Autism Spectrum Disorders and primate brain evolution. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in genomic analyses and deep knowledge in one or more areas of transcriptomics and epigenomics. Significant assets include prior experience in machine learning, statistical modeling, and analysis of large-scale genomics data.
The researcher will work in a well-equipped laboratory and bioinformatic core to conduct data analyses. The project will be an excellent opportunity for the postdoctoral research fellow to pursue novel applications of cutting-edge biological research and explore an area with extraordinary potential.
The Berto lab is part of a diverse and highly collaborative research environment at the Medical University of South Carolina (https://bertolab.org/). As part of this vibrant research community, the postdoctoral fellow will have ample opportunities to collaborate with a diverse group of clinicians, experimental and computational biologists at MUSC and beyond. This position will also provide abundant opportunities to mentor graduate and undergraduate students at MUSC. Beyond research and mentoring experiences, postdoctoral scientists will have opportunities to apply for various internal and external fellowships and attend international meetings. The research group is funded with existing support until 2028 by research grants such as the Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence award.
• PhD degree in computer science/computational biology/biostatistics
• At least 3 years of genomic experience
• Previous experience in transcriptomics, epigenomics, and genral bioinformatics are highly desirable.
• Strong track-record of research productivity.
• Excellent communication skills, works well in teams, and demonstrates effective skills in time management and organization.
• The successful applicant will meet all eligibility requirements for employment at MUSC including US visa status and successful completion of a background check.
• Applicants from under-represented minority groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Compensation: Salaries are competitive and determined based on the experience of the applicant in accordance with NIH and MUSC post-doc guidelines.
Application: Interested applicants should send an email to Dr Berto: [Please click the Apply button for the link or email] that includes the following information: CV, cover letter, and contact information for at least three references willing to write a letter of support.
Application Deadline: 2023-11-30