Job Title: Postdoctoral associate in physics-data blending modeling at FSU
Job Number: 60112
Location: Tallahassee, US
The Biofluids group at FSU (http://eng.famu.fsu.edu/~leo.liu) is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic researcher to fill a Postdoctoral Researcher position in BioFluid Mechanics at the Florida A&M University-Florida State University College of Engineering (FAMU-FSU COE) in Tallahassee, Florida. The researcher will work on projects aimed at developing novel computational techniques that leverage deep learning methods for solving inverse problems in biofluid mechanics. Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing numerical solvers that utilize physics-informed deep learning techniques to blend experimental imaging data with computational data for solving inverse biofluids problems.
· PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Applied Mathematics, Physics or related fields.
· Strong background in fluid mechanics and numerical methods.
· Experience in developing and implementing deep learning methods.
· Proficiency in programming languages such as C/C++ and Python.
· Experience with TensorFlow and/or PyTorch, as well as Pandas for deep learning and data processing.
· Experience with mesoscopic CFD methods such as lattice-Boltzmann methods and dissipative particle dynamics.
· Experience with microfluidics and imaging processes is a plus.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Application Deadline: 2023-10-01