Job Title: Postdoc position at Castel Lab (NYU School of Medicine)
Job Number: 59559
Location: New York City, US
The Castel lab in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology at the New York University Grossman School of Medicine (NYUGSOM) is seeking a highly motivated and talented candidate for a fully funded postdoctoral position to work on the mechanisms of signaling by oncoproteins.
Our lab uses a combination of biochemistry, cell signaling, and mouse genetics techniques to study the effect of oncoproteins in cancer and genetic disorders. In particular, we are interested in better understanding the role of oncogenes within the RAS and PI3K pathways with the goal of identifying novel therapeutic approaches. In addition, we are interested in the biochemical regulation of protein degradation in different cellular and animal models. We are looking for a postdoc with expertise in signal transduction, biochemistry, or genetically-engineered mouse models to join our new lab and lead a stimulating project.
Some of our recent previous published work can be found below:
1. Cuevas-Navarro et al, Science Advances 2023 (doi: 10.1126/sciadv.adf4766)
2. Chen et al, Cancer Discovery 2022 (doi: 10.1158/2159-8290.CD-21-1631)
3. Cuevas-Navarro et al, eLife 2022 (doi: 10.7554/eLife.76495)
4. Castel P. BBA Mol Basis Disease 2022 (doi.org/10.1016/j.bbadis.2022.166366)
5. Castel et al, Nat Rev Cancer 2020 (doi: 10.1038/s41568-020-0256-z)
6. Castel et al, Science 2019 (doi: 10.1126/science.aav1444)
7. Castel et al, Sci Transl Med 2016 (doi: 10.1126/scitranslmed.aaf1164)
The Castel lab is part of the vibrant NYUGSOM Campus located in the heart of Manhattan. In addition, NYU offers postdoctoral scholars with competitive benefits, subsidized housing in New York City, and many career development opportunities. More information can be found here: https://med.nyu.edu/research/postdoctoral-training/
Prospective candidates should email an application package to Dr. Castel containing a CV and a short cover letter describing your expertise and research interest.
Dr. Pau Castel
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology New York University Grossman School of Medicine
[Please click the Apply button for the link or email]
Application Deadline: 2023-09-30