Job Title: Postdoc in Diabetes Technology
Job Number: 66732
Location: Detroit, US
An outstanding opportunity awaits for an NIH funded postdoctoral fellow for an early career scientist in the Klueh laboratory located at the Integrative Biosciences Center (IBio) at the Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. Detroit is a diverse, multicultural city that offers numerous cultural advantages with a relatively low cost of living. The candidate will integrate into a team that has been very successful in acquiring NIH funding. Graduates of the Klueh Laboratory have secured desirable positions in academia and industry.
The laboratory’s focus is to identify the root causes underlying suboptimal insulin infusion pump sets’ performance. In addition, investigations will be conducted into their associated skin pathologies including device insertion site injury, device material composition, drug delivery preservatives and adhesives. As the focus is on a drug delivery system, the candidate must have excellent training and recent research experience in protein analysis and molecular/cellular biology or a closely related discipline. Nonetheless, as our research focus spans several disciplines from commercial insulin evaluation, biomaterial characterization to pathology and immunology, there are also opportunities to develop independent projects aligning with the broad goals of the Klueh laboratory. We are a multi-disciplinary team that frequently collaborates with industry and clinical partners. Thus, we encourage our postdoctoral fellows to engage with any of these groups to enrich their training.
Candidates will have the opportunity to be involved in pre-clinical porcine studies to evaluate insulin infusion site failures or other diabetes management devices, (e.g., continuous glucose monitors).
- Candidates must hold a recent Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D. degree in pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacology, molecular biology and/or immunology.
- Two years or less of postdoctoral experience
- Prior experience with molecular biology and protein analysis including Western blotting
- Experience in mammalian cell culture
- Knowledge in pharmacokinetics
Salary compensation: We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits, which are commensurate with experience and NIH scale.
- Qualified applicants should send a cover letter with a brief description of research experiences and interest in our research.
- Curriculum vitae
- Contact information of three references
Application Deadline: 2023-11-30