Job Title: Post doctoral fellow – antibodies in infectious diseases
Job Number: 73063
Location: Dallas, US
We are seeking a post doctoral research associate in the lab of Lenette Lu MD PhD at UTSouthwestern Medical Center. The Lu lab is interested in understanding how antibodies mediate the host microbial interface with our primary interest in tuberculosis (TB), the number one cause of infectious disease deaths worldwide. For decades, the field of TB immunology has focused on T cell mediated protection, yet gaps in this paradigm remain, and a role humoral immunity provides an underexplored path towards understanding mechanisms of protection and disease against Mycobacterium tuberculosis (Mtb). We study how the interactions between the Fab and Fc domains link the microbe and host which has implications beyond to be across infectious diseases and vaccines. We work with human patient samples, in vitro and in vivo models using a broad range of tools: microscopy, flow cytometry, molecular biology, glycobiology in hypotheses testing and systems approaches.
What we provide:
• A competitive compensation package, with comprehensive health and welfare benefits
• Flexible schedule
• Training and Certifications
• One on one mentorship
What we need from you:
• Ph.D. degree in a scientific discipline or MD degree
• At least 3 years of experience working in a scientific laboratory.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of scientific principles
• Experience in BSL2 and BSL3 settings are helpful but not required
Skills and abilities:
• Ability to perform highly complex experiments with high levels of reliability and accuracy within time constraints
• Ability to learn, develop and teach new techniques
• Ability to provide work and supervise directions to others
• Ability to initiate and compose communications for various purposes in an appropriate style
• Ability to work successfully within a collaborative and collegial environment and foster this ability in others.
• Ability to review goals, analyze processes necessary to achieve those goals, and develop techniques and systems required to meet those goals
• Ability to prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses.
• Ability to participate in writing scientific manuscripts and grant proposals
• Ability to maintain familiarity with current scientific literature
• Ability to participate in scientific conferences through research presentations.
In addition to the duties specifically identified by this job description, the position will include other duties if and as assigned by the direct supervisor or others with supervisory authority over this position.
Remaining in a normal seated or standing position for extended periods of time; reaching and grasping by extending hand(s) or arm(s); dexterity to manipulate objects with fingers, for example using a keyboard; communication skills using the spoken word; ability to see and hear within normal parameters; ability to move about workspace. The position requires mobility, including the ability to move materials weighing up to several pounds (such as a laptop computer or tablet).
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this position with reasonable accommodation. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis.
This job description sets forth the job’s principal duties, responsibilities, and requirements; it should not be construed as an exhaustive statement, however. Unless they begin with the word “may,” the Essential Duties and Responsibilities described above are “essential functions” of the job, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Applicants should submit their curriculum vitae, a one-page statement on how their experience and interests relate to our work, and contact information for three references.
Application Deadline: 2024-06-26