Job Title: Ph.D. Students Wanted: AI in Biology and Medicine
Job Number: 68653
Location: Rochester, New York, US
Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences within Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) is seeking passionate and talented individuals to join our dynamic research team. We are at the forefront of groundbreaking research in the intersection of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Biology/Medicine. As a leading institution in the field, we are committed to pushing the boundaries of knowledge and innovation.
We are looking for motivated and dedicated PhD students with a strong background in Computer Science and a keen interest in applying AI techniques to solve challenging problems in biology and medicine. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge research projects in the following areas.
• Graph Neural Network: Develop and apply advanced graph neural network models to analyze complex biological data, including protein-protein interaction networks, genomics data, and more.
• Continual Learning: Investigate strategies for continual learning in the context of medical data, enabling AI systems to adapt and improve over time.
• Large Language Models: Leverage the power of large language models to extract insights from vast biomedical text datasets and support natural language understanding in healthcare.
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Basic knowledge of biology and a strong willingness to learn and collaborate with biologists.
• Strong programming skills in languages such as Python, TensorFlow, or PyTorch.
• Preferred experience in one or more of the following areas: graph neural networks, continual learning, and large language models.
• Excellent problem-solving abilities and a passion for interdisciplinary research.
• Effective communication and teamwork skills.
What We Offer:
• A supportive and collaborative research environment.
• Access to state-of-the-art facilities and resources.
• Opportunities to work closely with leading researchers and experts in the field.
• Competitive stipend and benefits package.
• The chance to make a significant impact on the future of AI in biology and medicine.
Interested candidates should complete the online application through RIT portal https://www.rit.edu/admissions/apply/.
Priority Application Deadline: December 31, rolling thereafter
For inquiries or additional information, please contact Dr. Feng Cui (Email: [Please click the Apply button for the link or email]).
Join us in advancing the frontiers of AI research and its application in biology and medicine. Be part of a vibrant research community dedicated to making a real-world impact. We look forward to receiving your application.
RIT promotes and values diversity, pluralism and inclusion in the work place. RIT provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, marital status, sex, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in its hiring, admissions, educational programs and activities. RIT provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities under the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the New York Human Rights Law, or similar applicable law. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resources office at 585-475-2424 or email your request to [Please click the Apply button for the link or email]. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Application Deadline: 2023-12-31