Job Title: Medical Science Liaison
Job Number: 22908
The Medical Science Liaison will serve as part of the Medical and Scientific Affairs team as a field-based scientist supporting the emerging field of molecular diagnostics. The focus of this role is field based scientific exchange, for which the Medical Science Liaison will leverage their scientific background, industry knowledge, and business acumen to act as scientific interface between healthcare professional communities, while also gathering insights that inform scientific objectives and strategic decision-making by us.
The position will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships within the medical/scientific community and providing medical and/or scientific data about products and research to healthcare professionals. Clinical, scientific and technical expertise will be maintained through review of scientific literature, attendance at assigned medical meetings and self-learning
-Function as a regional MSL specializing in relationship building with KOLs and exchange of scientific information in the oncology setting, including clinical and research leaders, academicians, clinicians, medical directors and other HCPs.
-Facilitate education regarding products in the oncology and pathology communities as a scientific expert through presentations and scientific exchange.
-Respond to scientific inquiries from HCP customers.
-Assist with identification of investigator-initiated studies, guiding through the approval process, and monitoring study progress.
-Support Sales and Marketing teams through training programs and response to scientific inquiries.
-Facilitate involvement in national, regional and local scientific forums including symposia, tumor boards and training meetings.
-Aid in efforts related to scientific advisory boards, key opinion leader management, coordination of clinical trials, and execution of publication strategy.
-Gather market intelligence on competitor products and new products in development
-Works closely with Clinical Development, Marketing, Commercial Operations, Training, and Customer Service
- Advanced degree (PhD, MD, PharmD) with 2+ years of experience as an MSL
- Molecular biology and/or oncology training with a research and publication record preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 70%
- Familiarity with oncology and pathology, and genomic approaches in diagnostic applications and biomarker discovery a plus
- History of developing relationships with key opinion leaders in oncology
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to explain complex scientific concepts in a clear manner, as well as have the know-how to discuss clinical data with pathologists and oncologists
- Effective presenter to audiences of various sizes and organizational levels
- A successful track record of working effectively in multidisciplinary teams and highly adaptable to functioning in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and passion for medical innovation, accurate communication of science and commitment to scientific rigor
- Must have good judgment, ability to adapt and change in a shifting environment
- Must work well in large and small teams, within Medical Affairs and cross-functionally
- Ability to work remotely
- Must have experience with creating and giving presentations and major scientific/medical conventions in front of large groups of industry professionals
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint