Job Title: Medical Science Liaison
Job Number: 24062
The Medical Science Liaison, Medical Affairs will perform a key role in the clinical and commercial development of our products marketed in the US through strategic alignment and execution of activities related to investigator and expert key opinion leader outreach, investigator sponsored trials, company sponsored non-registration trials, publication planning, CME, grants, and sponsorships.
- The MSL will be a scientific resource for the commercial field team.
- Liaise regularly with internal commercial leaders to share feedback and issues from external experts.
- Represent the Company at medical meetings, conferences, advisory boards, outreach meetings at key institutions, and in interactions with thought leaders and strategic corporate partners.
- Identify and develop key thought leaders for medical education and clinical research opportunities.
- Work with Senior Director of Medical Affairs and appropriate cross-functional partners to develop and execute strategic thought leader plans to provide needs-based, value-added services and to improve their advocacy.
- Support the development of Investigator Initiated Trials (IIT’s). Through expert relationships, the MSL will facilitate the initiation of research projects and ensure that hypothesis testing is clearly defined and within priority areas consistent with the strategic development objectives of the Company.
- The MSL will be responsible for the successful execution of appropriate processes for review, approval, management and support of studies while maintaining investigator independence according to regulatory and compliance guidelines.
- Provide field-based medical support to the Company's global clinical research programs.
- Deliver high-caliber medical education presentations in a variety of settings and to obtain valuable feedback that can disseminated throughout the organization.
- Gather and disseminate competitive intelligence from multiple sources in accordance with company’s policies.
- Complete accurate and timely administrative reports, projects, and required documentation requests.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Director of Medical Affairs and/or CMO for the Americas.
To be considered successful for this position you will meet the following criteria:
- Board certified/eligible, PharmD., Ph.D. or equivalent. Candidates with non-terminal degrees will be considered on a case-by-case basis but they must have extensive clinical and/or industry experience relevant to key therapeutic areas particularly those associated with liver-directed therapies.
- At least seven years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry (medical device experience strongly preferred) within Medical Affairs. Preferential consideration will be given to candidates with experience in oncology as well as solid tumors of the liver.
- A demonstrated ability to perform at a high level within a dynamic and fast-paced cross-functional team environment with tight deadlines and turnaround times.
- Well-organized, operationally effective, and able to both develop project strategies and ensure reliable implementation of projects with a flexible and solution-driven attitude.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time with occasional weekend work expectations (CANDIDATE MUST COVER FOLLOWING TERRITORY: MI, WI, IL, ND, SD, NE, MO, CO, IA, MN, KS)
- Must be able to quickly understand and assimilate medical knowledge, critically interpret cutting edge science, determine the potential impact of new research on medical thinking and practice, and have the ability to transfer and articulate scientific and clinical data into clear conceptual frameworks, disease management approaches and a pathway to continuously strengthen this concept by new medical evidence.
- In-depth knowledge of complex diseases and the associated medical challenges to provide expert insight, establish and drive the disease vision by rigorous scientific debates with medical thought leaders.
- Effective at articulating complex scientific and clinical information via impactful presentations to internal and external audiences on the medical and clinical aspects of a given disease, product, or program.
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to influence internal colleagues and external customers alike.