Job Title: Medical informatics post doctoral fellow
Job Number: 67876
Location: Baltimore, US
The Postdoctoral Fellow will design, develop, test, maintain, and support pipelines for processing Electronic Health Records (EHRs) and complete web-based systems. The candidate will be responsible for developing natural language processing (NLP) pipelines for retrieving specific data elements from clinical texts, supporting data integration, and conducting data analytics for several projects in precision oncology led by Drs. Anagnostou and Botsis in the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. Qualified candidates will have proficiency in NLP, a thorough understanding of EHRs and database structures, experience with software development in cloud environments, and be able to collaborate with clinicians and other experts in interdisciplinary teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop highly complex and integrated software tools and algorithms
- Use state-of-the-art tools and new methods to build open-source pipelines for the processing of clinical texts in the area of oncology
- Participate in collecting all requirements and developing a web-based application that will incorporate the above pipelines, pull and process data from a data lake, and generate patient case summaries including key variables
- Contribute to drafting technical documentation and manuscripts accompanying the above work
- Work in an interdisciplinary team, set priorities, work under pressure, adapt to demanding situations, and maintain schedules
PhD in Computer Science, Medical Informatics, Data Science or Relevant Field.
Special Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities / Competencies:
Proven experience in (clinical) natural language processing
Proven ability to write solid, maintainable, and well-documented code
Experience with Python, APIs, and SQL
Experience with software development in cloud environments
Previous work in building systems and methods in oncology
Experience with Large Language Models
Proven ability to develop algorithms that may handle data quality issues
Design and implement structural changes to applications in an agile development environment.
Highly self-motivated and directed
Keen attention to detail
Application Deadline: 2023-12-14