Job Title: Director/Senior Director Medical Affairs (Hematology/Oncology)
Job Number: 25032
Location: Floor 3 Waltham, MA 02451
The Medical Affairs function at Syndax is responsible for providing medical expertise to clinical research and medical education programs by interfacing with internal and external medical experts, internal support functions, and professional organizations. The candidate will be responsible for working with the product Team Leaders to meet the Medical Affairs needs of an evolving product pipeline. The candidate must be able to contribute to a strategic vision for the future-and deliver on existing time sensitive projects. This role provides a unique opportunity for the right candidate to leverage his/her scientific and medical expertise as he/she grows in organization leadership responsibilities.
- Represents Medical Affairs on teams to provide insight on products, patient treatments trends and scientific activities within oncology. Leverage medical and scientific insights to inform and develop strategies.
- Drive the KOL relationship development process. Assists in the selection of outside experts and maintains key relationships; identifies medical meetings and identifies opportunities for participation. Develops and delivers scientific and medical presentations, organizes and leads advisory boards, participates in investigator meetings.
- Creates the patient advocacy strategy for each program and acts as the representative to patient advocacy groups. Coordinates all patient advocacy activities.
- Participates in development and oversight of investigator sponsored studies for all products.
- Operationalize and oversee activities associated with investigator sponsored trials Review grant requests to ensure compliance with educational goals and objectives.
- Support IST proposal review and oversee the process for proposal review and approved grant management
- Responsible for publication, medical communication, and medical information planning and execution. Develops and manages publication plans. Collaborates across the organization to create publication strategies for each clinical program and then manages their execution.
- Work collaboratively in team environment with Clinical, Team Leaders, Regulatory Affairs, Program Management, Commercial, Legal, and Finance departments.
- At least 10 years of industry experience in medical affairs or clinical development, including at least 5 years of experience in hematology/oncology. In depth expertise in at least several of the responsibility areas listed above with a strong desire to acquire experience across all aspects of medical affairs.
- Preference for candidates who have product launch experience.
- The role will require travel up to 25% of time.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and verbal/written communication skills are essential, including facility with presentation and graphics software.
- Extensive experience in vendor management.
- Understanding of the oncology landscape, health economic outcomes research and strategies to optimize reimbursement potential for oncology drugs.