Job Title: Materials & Supply Associate I/II
Job Number: 33580
Location: 10865 Road To The Cure San Diego, CA 92121
We currently have an immediate opening for a Materials & Supply Associate I/II. In this role, you will be responsible for conducting all inspection-related tasks associated with assessing incoming materials and overseeing the quality of outgoing products and materials. You will collaborate closely with the quality assurance, manufacturing, and quality control teams to ensure the ongoing production and testing of drug products within a cGMP-compliant environment. We are looking for candidates who are self-driven and highly motivated, with the ability to work independently within a collaborative work setting.
· Receive and examine materials following internal protocols.
· Conduct time-sensitive visual and measurement assessments to approve or reject incoming materials.
· Manage physical inventory diligently to ensure uninterrupted drug product production.
· Uphold GMP compliance across all material usage.
· Initiate and complete investigations into non-conforming products, documenting any deviations.
· Maintain an organized record of all processed material forms and documents.
· Utilize electronic and paper-based inventory systems for managing the receipt, release, packaging, and shipment of GMP materials.
· Execute daily inventory transactions.
· Handle the disposition of expired materials and maintain relevant documentation.
· Monitor temperature conditions in refrigerators, freezers, and room temperature storage areas for cGMP materials, including responding to alarms as needed (on-call duty).
· Adhere to appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements when handling, packing, and shipping cold and frozen materials and products.
· Collaborate with Manufacturing, Quality Control, and Quality Assurance teams to support internal and external materials management operations and address issues.
· Source and maintain essential quality documents for the release of critical materials.
· Identify alternative materials for use in drug product production and testing.
· Perform data analysis, organize records, reports, and databases promptly.
· Carry out scanning and electronic document filing efficiently.
· Work closely with the Manufacturing, Quality, and Supply Chain departments to resolve issues related to raw materials, facility, and manufactured products.
· Operate effectively with minimal supervision to achieve project objectives.
· Fulfill any other assigned responsibilities.
· A Bachelor's Degree is preferred, and/or a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a regulated materials management setting within the biotech or life sciences field.
· Previous warehouse experience, specifically involving the processes of ordering, receiving, and inspecting raw materials.
· Familiarity with inventory management systems.
· Exceptional attention to detail.
· Strong collaboration and team-oriented skills, enabling effective interaction with colleagues across the organization.
· Ability to adapt quickly and make necessary adjustments to address varying situations.
· Capacity to handle a demanding workload in a fast-paced environment.
· Self-sufficiency in managing day-to-day tasks with minimal or no supervision.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint.
· Prior experience with Inventory Management Systems/ERP.
· Outstanding interpersonal and communication abilities.
· Capability to lift weights of up to 70 pounds to waist-height and up to 40 pounds to shoulder-height.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary range: $58,000 to $75,000/year
Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
Short- and Long-Term Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)