Job Title: Matcher Intern
Job Number: 65539
Location: Cold Spring Harbor, NY, USA, US
Join the Neuroscience Lab Team at Zador Lab, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory!
Are you a passionate student eager to explore the world of neuroscience? Zador Lab is looking for dedicated individuals to join as Matchers for a temporary position.
About Zador Lab and Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory:
Zador Lab is at the forefront of neuroscience research, unraveling the brain circuits underlying behavior. It uses cutting edge technologies to understand normal function, and how this function is disrupted in neurodegenerative disorders.
As a Matcher intern, you’ll play a crucial role in our research. Your task will involve working in the lab on campus, matching neurons across various datasets. This position offers a great opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience in a laboratory setting, with no previous lab experience required.
– Position: Matcher Intern
– Duration: 2-8 weeks based on project needs
– Location: Zador Lab, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (on-campus)
– Start Date: ASAP
– Hourly Rate- $17.50
What We’re Looking For:
– Enthusiastic college students interested in neuroscience and brain research.
– Strong attention to detail and focus on repetitive tasks.
– Basic data analysis and computer skills.
– No previous lab experience required – we will provide training!
– Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team.
Why Join Zador Lab?
– Gain insight into cutting-edge neuroscience research.
– Work with renowned scientists and experts.
– Develop data analysis and neuron matching skills.
– Be part of a supportive research environment.
– Potential for extending the internship based on performance.
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is a world-renowned biomedical research institution in New York. It has shaped contemporary biomedical research and is the home of eight Nobel Prize laureates. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory provides a highly dynamic and interactive research environment and also a unique opportunity of timely exposure to advances in various biomedical research fields and of interaction with a broad range of researchers from all over the world through its renowned Meetings and Courses program. We believe that science is for everyone. We have had researchers with a variety of backgrounds and believe in the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Application Deadline: 2024-03-12