Job Title: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Job Number: 33173
Location: Wareham, MA
Our client is seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to work in one of their facilities. The successful individual will play a key role in strengthening their engineering department with design and technical support for their customers and internal departments.
This individual will also Incorporate growth and development concepts for automation to give the company a competitive advantage. They will also play a major role in quoting new customer requests and helping grow their lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Develop and manage a New Product Introduction (NPI) cell. This small group of manufacturing engineering techs develops manufacturing processes, builds first articles, and oversees initial production runs to validate processes and labor time benchmarks.
- Responsible for the development and verification of products, tooling, manufacturing processes, and labor times.
- Key support for failure analysis on all customer & product issues.
- Assist/support all departments' BOM verification, component changes, and tooling.
- Conduct time studies and continuous process improvement activities; providing necessary feedback regarding time efficiency, quoted time accuracy, and general variance from the established (quoted) times after jobs’ completion
- Involvement with the design and implementation of work cells, flow, lines, and devices/fixtures for projects to maximize output, increase quality, and lower costs.
- Provide technical liaison between our client and its customers & vendors. This may include telephone, email, or direct visitation for improved transfer of projects or resolving documentation, quality, or any other necessary issues.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or the equivalent
- Must have 5 to 10 years of experience as a manufacturing engineer with some managerial experience in wire/cable / electromechanical / box-build manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks / CAD /other
- Able to document processes through a visual means, utilizing digital pictures, screenshots, or SolidWorks isolation screenshots.
- Read schematics, ladder diagrams, and wire run lists.
- Implementation and support of a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment used in the manufacturing of wire harness/cable manufacturing.
- Experience with IPC-A- 610, IPC-A-620, J-STD-001, and ISO 9001:2015.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills including a familiarity with MS PowerPoint / Excel/others.
- Perform other duties as requested or required
To apply for this job please visit k7y.pl.