Job Title: Manager(Sr. Scientist)/Senior Manager(Pr. Scientist), Process Development
Job Number: 23910
Location: Cambridge, MA 02139
The ideal candidate will have both upstream and downstream viral production experience. The candidate will be expected to drive development programs forward and ensure supply of drug product to the clinic. As the lead of the HSV process development team, this candidate will be expected to mentor and grow more junior scientists and engineers. This position will provide an excellent opportunity for the right individual to develop a robust, industrial processes for production and purification of novel oncolytic virus for cGMP implementation and scale up. High motivation, strong organizational skills and the ability to work effectively within a team is required.
- B.S. degree in Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Virology, or related field is required.
- B.S./M.S. degree with 8+ years or Ph.D. with at least 3+ years of industry relevant experience
- Proven success in developing and leading a process development team is required.
- Experience producing viral products is highly desired
- Experience with both viral upstream and downstream process development preferred. One or the other is required
- Experience with cGMP manufacturing, technical transfer of processes and scaleup to CMOs is highly desired
- Candidates with formulation experience with oncolytic viral platforms will be given special consideration
- Aseptic processing experience is preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team from a variety of scientific backgrounds
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial early-stage environment
- Strong communication and organization skills, good working knowledge of MS Office, data plotting and graphing software. Must be able to communicate results effectively.
Our Ideal Candidate
- A scientifically motivated self-starter, capable of independently conceiving, conducting, and critically analyzing his/her own work with minimal supervision
- A strong mentor for others on the team, able to explain concepts and principles to team members and help everyone develop technical skills to enable cross-functional support
- A strong presenter and communicator, with the ability to work in a fast-paced and team- oriented environment
- Someone who gets excited by a lean organization and never says or likes hearing “that’s not my job”
- Someone who enjoys a transparent, respectful, and innovative environment
- Able to deal with pressure, take on challenging projects, manage competing priorities, and anticipate problems in advance