Job Title: Manager/Director Business Development
Job Number: 31466
Our client is seeking a Manager/Director Business Development to join their growing US based team and planned expansion in the US. In this highly visible role, you will work closely with the VP Business Development as well as other members of the company including R&D, Legal and Finance Team in order to support the business strategy objectives.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with sound scientific knowledge and drug development experience who enjoys an entrepreneurial environment. It is a dynamic role with significant career and company growth potential.
The Business Development Manager/Director will be responsible for search efforts to identify venture investments, licensing, collaborations and acquisitions which will benefit the company’s therapeutic drug development pipeline. The ideal Business Development Manager/Director will have a strong scientific background to manage technical due diligence, ensuring a thorough understanding of the potential and the risks of each opportunity.
- Identify and evaluate innovative drug development opportunities from pre-clinical through commercial stage
- Through internal and external networking, attending scientific sessions, monitoring of pipelines, news, and VCs, and industry leaders, identify partnership or acquisition opportunities
- Evaluate potential targets, managing the cross functional process. This will include relevant team members in R&D, contract manufacturing, internal manufacturing, IP, and legal.
- Once opportunity is identified, manage the transition to other company leadership including stake-holders including IP and legal.
- PhD in a scientific discipline
- 3+ years of experience in biotech or pharma business development or drug development with strong technical R&D experience
- Strong scientific background with deep knowledge of industry trends
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and project management skills
- A track record of accomplishment in managing multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Excellent presentation skills that connect and resonate at the highest levels within a scientific corporate organization.
- The ability to anticipate potential pitfalls, and proactively solve problems
- Strong team player and the ability to work effectively at all levels within an organization
- Demonstrated ability to create and build relationships with internal and external parties.
- Professional demeanor with strong decision-making skills and ability to work effectively in a highly-charged dynamic environment with competing priorities
- The ability to work independently as well as coordinate and lead large cross functional teams