Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Job Number: 57721
Location: ORLANDO, US
A new research- based lab technician is available immediately in Dr. Hung Nguyen Lab at the UCF Burnett School of Biomedical Sciences at the Lake Nona campus.
The Nguyen lab focuses on immune-metabolism in cancer immunotherapies. We will use multiple mouse- or humanized mouse models of transplantation to understand immunological mechanisms in cancer and graft-versus-host disease. We are seeking an outstanding laboratory technician to work on NIH-funded research program.
· Maintaining mouse colonies: maintaining effective mouse colony for robust ongoing research
· Lab management: oversee lab supplies and routine maintain equipment
· Knowledge of sterile/aseptic techniques
· Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal protocols, techniques, and instructions.
· Experience with the operation of a personal computer and software applications, such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power point).
· Ability to perform basic PCR and cloning techniques.
· Mouse handling techniques: multiple route injection, obtaining fecal and peripheral blood, bone marrow, and spleen samples from animal models.
· Outstanding organizational and troubleshooting skills
· Willing to learn new techniques and troubleshoot assays
· Good team player, independent, self-driven with good interpersonal skills
· Experience with colony managing software (favorable)
· Computer programming or bioinformatics skills would be very advantageous
To apply, please email 1) Cover letter 2) curriculum vitae (CV), and 3) contact information for three references to Dr. Hung Nguyen at [Please click the Apply button for the link or email]
Application Deadline: 2023-09-30