Job Title: In Vivo Research Technician
Job Number: 31439
Reporting to the Senior Scientist I, the candidate will be responsible for performing preclinical-stage in vivo studies. This is a direct laboratory position based in our Jupiter, Florida research site.
- Independently perform all in-vivo technical procedures including test article preparation, administration as well as survival surgical procedures in research rodents.
- Perform and conduct dosing by oral gavage, intravenous, intraperitoneal, and subcutaneous routes, bleeding from the tail vein, cardiac puncture, vena cava, assessing health, and perform humane euthanasia.
- Provide post-operative care in rodents to ensure proper analgesia and pain management.
- Perform terminal blood collection and necropsy for organ harvest.
- Partner and support other scientists to ensure flawless animal care and welfare is conducted throughout the research studies.
- Review and adhere to all company standards, IACUC approved SOPs and required safety procedures.
- Bachelor’s in biology, or other related scientific field with a minimum of 2+ years in an academic or industry setting.
- Proven experience in small animal handling.
- High proficiency in oral gavage (PO) route of administration is required. Experience with other routes of administration such as IP, SC, IT dosing is preferred.
- Proficiency in blood collection by cardiac puncture and tissue collection at necropsy.
- Deep understanding with stereotaxic surgery, performing ICV injections to specific brain regions.
- Understanding with CSF collection in mouse models.
- Experience performing behavioral tests to evaluate neurological disfunction in mice.