Job Title: Head of Screening & Biochemistry
Job Number: 22024
Location: Cambridge, MA
We are seeking a motivated PhD Scientist to be an integral member of the Discovery Biology group, responsible for leading FogPharma’s efforts to profile the biochemical and cellular activity of novel CPMPs that target undruggable proteins. She/he is a team player, with a passion for rigorous scientific research and drug discovery and development. The successful candidate will have a broad knowledge of protein biochemistry and cell & molecular biology, and be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hard-working, detail-oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced environment to tight timelines.
- Lead the design and implementation of robust and rigorous high-throughput screening strategies to evaluate protein-protein and protein-ligand interactions in vitro and in cell culture.
- Analyze and interpret screening data, including presentation at program team meetings, and work closely with members of the Chemistry and Biology teams to progress CPMPs towards the clinic.
- Proactively evaluate new technologies, be fully versed with current research literature, and implement new features and functionality into the company’s screening platform.
- Establish processes for detailed, accurate, auditable record keeping; work with the internal LIMS system to effectively track all experiments.
- PhD in biology, biochemistry, chemistry or related field.
- 7+ years industry experience required.
- Strong project and personnel management skills with the ability to deliver results on schedule in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment; experience managing and fostering the development of a productive and innovative team.
- Significant experience with protein-protein interactions and fluorescence-based assay technologies (e.g. FP, SPR/Biacore, FRET, Alpha Screen, SEC, SDS-PAGE or CE-SDS, LC/MS); cell culture and cellular reporter and functional assays, and experience developing and running biochemical HTS assays including hands-on experience with laboratory automation.
- A personality of risk-taking, positivity, leadership, adaptability, adventurousness, and excitement to build a pioneering company and work in a dynamic, goal- and performance-oriented team environment.