Deciphera Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Job Title: Distribution and Logistics Manager
Job Number: 23983
Location: Waltham, MA
We are seeking a Distribution & Logistics Manager, who will have responsibility for managing domestic and international shipments, distribution, and logistics for both commercial and clinical supplies. This role will also ensure trade compliance, conformance, and import/export controls and procedures are followed. The candidate will have a good understanding of cGMP and GDP regulations, and remain current with best practices. The successful candidate will work closely with other Supply Chain members, along with Clinical and Commercial Operations, Market Access, Technical Operations, Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs; multiple third-party CMOs, Depots, and Customs Brokers. Strong cross-functional team leadership, transparent communication, and project management skills are essential requirements of the role.
This position will report to the Senior Director, Supply Chain and be located in the Waltham, MA office.
- Develop shipping lanes and coordinate with Import/Export Brokers to expedite and assure timely delivery of products and goods throughout the network
- Schedule transportation requirements, monitor movement, and intervene on exceptions
- Manage imports and exports in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations to ensure product moves quickly through customs to consignee
- Ensure proper trade compliance activities are conducted
- Establish robust processes and/or procedures to minimize problems related to distribution and logistics
- Participate in carrier management processes, including selection, qualification, performance evaluation and account management
- Monitor and support Advanced Shipping Notice process and all serialization activities
- Coordinate with Commercial Operations to monitor and manage sales trends, missed or incorrect shipments, large off-cycle shipments, and any other specific distribution requests
- Continuously enhance knowledge and experience in distribution, logistics, transportation and import/export, including regulatory requirements, VAT tax, Serialization, Brexit, transit insurance, and customs
- Work with finance on VAT tax recoveries
- Work with our clinical and commercial packager to ship product out to our sites, 3PLs and depots
- Manage shipping qualification studies for new and existing programs
- Lead supply chain representative for 3PL meetings and management of 3PL for logistics and distribution
- Support Commercial Supply Chain in ex-US commercial distribution vendor selection
AD in a business or supply chain & logistics discipline with 5+ years of supply chain logistics and distribution management experience in a regulated environment. Direct experience overseeing commercial and/or clinical supply logistics is preferred. Candidate must have in-depth knowledge of domestic and international rules, regulations, benefits, and costs associated with all modes of transport for pharmaceuticals and chemicals along with working knowledge on Brexit, VAT Tax and Import/Export management for a virtual company. Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and a general understanding of ERP/MRP systems and have a demonstrated experience in supply chain management. Understanding of GMP and GCP preferred.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with multiple individuals in a cross-functional, team-oriented environment
- Flexibility in responding to change or business needs
- Knowledge of EPCIS and CBV/GS1 standards
- Working knowledge of cGMP, GDP, and/or GCP