Job Title: Vice President, Business Development
Job Number: 31686
Location: Woburn, MA
Vice President, Business Development identifies, evaluates, and executes global strategic transactions to build the future of the company’s business development goals and objectives.
- Lead search and evaluate therapeutic drug programs through pre-clinical stages of all aspects of drug development and commercialization, mode of actions, preclinical evaluations, regulatory strategy, clinical development path, intellectual property, and commercial potential.
- Assist in the development of long-term strategic analysis of therapeutic areas beyond our current focus proactively.
- Support the development of a company strategy for maximum value creation and the development/refinement of a business development strategy that aligns with our strategy.
- Support the identification, evaluation, and execution of acquisition, investment, and partnership opportunities across a range of therapeutic areas and assets, including Out-licensing/in-licensing opportunities.
- Execute complex analytics to assess opportunities (e.g. comparable deal analysis and financial modeling/NPV analysis) and provide diligence support for all transactions (e.g., preparing and setting up diligence files, financing documents, etc.).
- Support the drafting and negotiating of transaction term sheets utilizing creative deal structures and processes that result in business success and maximum value.
- Partner closely with internal and external legal to negotiate and implement appropriate legal agreements to support research, development, and commercial goals.
- the landscape for potential partners who are strategically aligned with our platform and assets.
- BS/BA, Ph.D., MD, or MBA a plus
- 15+ years of experience working in a biotech/pharmaceutical company in business development with a track record of executing deals. Please submit the deal sheet
- An understanding of the drug discovery and development process
- Results and solution-driven
- Ability to communicate effectively and partner with all levels of employees
- Solid network in biotechnology and pharmaceutical organizations
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines across multiple transactions
- Ability to explain complex strategic initiatives and advanced scientific/medical challenges across a broad audience
- Strong communication and presentation skills across all levels of the organization and externally
- Ability to travel up to 25%.