Job Title: Director/Sr. Director, New Product Planning
Job Number: 30617
Location: Cambridge, MA
We are seeking a Director/Sr. Director, New Product Planning to provide commercial leadership and strategic direction on early to late-stage products in clinical development. This will include driving the strategic and commercial perspective on cross-functional development and leadership teams. Additionally, this role will be responsible for establishing and executing pre-launch marketing strategy for these programs and assist in building a commercial infrastructure in the future.
The successful candidate will be highly collaborative with cross-functional colleagues while comprehending scientific subject matter. The ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with a willingness to pitch in across the organization will be critical to success. This role reports to the VP, Business Development and Corporate Strategy.
- Actively partner with project teams to provide commercial direction on pipeline planning and product development strategy and ensure appropriate early commercial planning and execution
- Lead the identification of key value drivers and translate these in the development of Target Product Profiles (TPP), value proposition elements & key decision criteria for commercial success for early-stage R&D programs
- Understand and communicate requirements for access to market, pricing & reimbursement, as well as market differentiation required for the successful commercialization of new products
- Translate key Insights from scientific experts (internal R&D colleagues + external opinion leaders) into clear, actionable strategies for the company
- Develop & update sales forecasts, sensitivity analysis and actively contribute to the Portfolio Review governance
- Partner with business development teams and explore and evaluate external opportunities
- Build strong partnership with external parties including key opinion leaders, patient advocacy organizations, and vendors
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) with minimum of 5 years of experience in biotech/pharma strategic roles with a track record demonstrating accountability, sense of urgency and cross functional leadership
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge, experience, and proven track record of using deep stakeholder and market insights to deliver concise input to R&D decisions and innovative patient and physician centric business solutions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions