Job Title: Director/Sr. Director, Biology
Job Number: 32625
Location: Cambridge, MA
We are seeking a highly creative & motivated scientist to play a key role in building and leading the platform cell biology efforts. The successful candidate will help provide strategic vision and scientific expertise regarding cell model systems and assays directed toward building the oligonucleotide delivery platform. The role will involve significant interaction and collaboration across the organization including: our biology, chemistry, and translational sciences teams, as well as establish and maintain relationships with external collaborators and CROs. Strong leadership, scientific curiosity and rigor coupled with strong communication and emotional intelligence skills are critical for success.
• Provide scientific leadership to further our understanding regarding cell models and receptor mediated oligonucleotide uptake and intracellular trafficking
• Build and oversee our development of novel immortalized and primary cell systems and assays in pursuit of understanding receptor mediated uptake and trafficking of oligonucleotides.
• Assist in the building of the Platform team including the recruitment, and mentorship of scientists within a delivery biology team and across the organization
• Identify, gain internal alignment, and provide appropriate oversight for external research efforts to support delivery biology, including contract research, advisor management, and academic collaborations
• Collaborate with our discovery (biology & chemistry), pharmacology, and disease program teams to further our understanding of oligonucleotide uptake & activity driven by the client’s proprietary ligand discovery platform
• Establish strong scientific excellence and foster an open culture of challenging assumptions, scientific exchange, and deep scientific rigor
• Ph.D. scientist in cellular biology or a closely related discipline with least 7-10 years of industrial experience
• Proven team leadership experience, including the ability to work across teams and mentorship of junior scientists; experience during the early and growth phases of a startup is a benefit
• Expertise in follow areas: cell line development, characterization of immortalized and primary 2D & 3D cell culture systems, cellular assay development, fluorescence & confocal microscopy, coupled with a solid understanding of membrane receptor biology and associated kinetics. Experience in RNA therapeutics and oligonucleotide trafficking is a benefit
• Project management and reporting skills coupled with experience in the management of CROs and academic collaboration
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively present plans and research results, to internal and external teams
• Strong sense of self-awareness and the ability to contribute to an open, driven and fun corporate culture
To apply for this job please visit k7y.pl.