Job Title: Director/Senior Director, Translational Science
Job Number: 32621
Location: Cambridge, MA
We are seeking a motivated and independent pharmacologist or DMPK scientist to join our Translational Science department to lead the effort of evaluating targeted kidney delivery of oligonucleotides and their in vivo ADME/PK properties for our next-generation oligonucleotide delivery platform. Reporting to the SVP of Translational Science, the candidate plays a key role in driving the oligonucleotide delivery science from both platform and portfolio perspectives. The candidate will work closely with the chemistry and in vitro biology teams to explore the potential of our proprietary cell-specific oligonucleotide kidney delivery platform. At this exciting early stage of the company, the candidate will also play an active role in leading early cross-functional scientific program teams and partner with Portfolio Management and Business Strategy leadership to shape the evolving Judo portfolio.This position has the flexibility for hybrid working conditions with the expectation that in-person work will augment our high-functioning team’s effectiveness and camaraderie. We work in facilities that require that all individuals working on-site are vaccinated for COVID-19 and may at times require masking.
- Responsible for the design and execution of preclinical in vivo studies to evaluate oligonucleotide tissue uptake and target gene knockdown using stage appropriate study design and bioanalytical methodologies to demonstrate the platform proof of concept (PoC)
- Responsible for managing outsourced studies on ADME/PK characterization, PK/PD profiling, target identification and validation, on- and off-target in vivo pharmacology, in vivo efficacy studies to enable development candidate (DC) nomination and IND-enabling studies
- Outline and communicate in vivo study goals, design key studies, analyze data, and effectively communicate study outcomes and significance to diverse stakeholders
- Design and execute appropriate animal models to use for platform in vivo PoC and program enablement
- Participate in drug discovery collaborations across expertise areas
- Work with leadership team and scientists to create and execute research strategies on platform and program to enable clear go/no-go decisions
- Ph.D. in life science with 10+ years of independent in vivo biomedical research scientist
- Solid background in pharmacology study design and execution in drug discovery and development setting with a thorough understanding of ADME/PK and PK/PD implications
- Expertise in animal model development, characterization/study design, and implementation in a scientific/development/contract organization
- Experience in RNA therapeutics research or drug discovery with the knowledge of bioanalytical methodologies on LC-MS, ELISA, and qPCR platforms
- Experience in establishing and managing of CROs and academic collaboration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively present plans and research results, to internal and external teams
- Strong sense of self-awareness and the ability to work in an open, driven, and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated project management skills is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit k7y.pl.