Job Title: Director, Program Management
Job Number: 30425
Location: Cambridge, MA
Goldfinch Bio seeks a highly motivated individual for the position of Director, Program Management. This position will report to the VP, Head of Program and Portfolio Management and will partner closely with the program team lead to drive strategic management of program development activities for the company’s portfolio. This individual will play an integral role in building efficient and collaborative cross-functional planning with functional line stakeholders to achieve effective execution of program goals. The right candidate will also be able to lead project teams for indication expansion efforts and have opportunity to help shape the Program and Portfolio strategy for the company. This is a critical and highly visible role, making a substantial contribution to the company.
- Manage cross-functional core teams and project teams that will include representatives from clinical, nonclinical, regulatory, CMC, and commercial, to create and execute integrated strategic development plans
- Build and maintain complex project plans and budgets from pre-clinical activities through launch and commercialization
- Create and maintain program-related documentation, including, but not limited to, program plans and timelines, decision logs, risk management tools, monthly program updates, budget summaries and project goals, ensuring appropriate archiving and access
- Manage team meeting operations such as planning agendas, scheduling meetings, preparing minutes, and proactively following-up with team members on critical action items
- Proactively identify risks; partners with scientific team to develop risk mitigation plans
- Identify learnings and opportunities for synergies across the portfolio
- Develop program management tools for use across the organization
- Partner with IT on creation and maintenance of portfolio dashboard
- Mentor and coach developing program managers and leaders
- 6-8 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- PhD (preferred), BS/MS in a scientific discipline
- 2-4+ years of experience managing multi-disciplinary Development Teams
- Project management and leadership training
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills, has an easily recognized executive presence, and is a proven relationship builder who is effective via influence
- Proven track record of effective interpersonal and communication skills with ability to develop strong positive relationship with senior management as well as all levels of the organization.
- Ability to operate effectively within an entrepreneurial and science-driven company environment; self-motivated, assertive, able to inspire others, driven and hands-on with unquestionable integrity and the highest ethical standards.
- Good corporate and matrix management skills to meet Goldfinch Bio organizational needs and to leverage resources as required to drive assigned programs forward
- Strong understanding of overall drug development strategies, spanning across all critical product development disciplines (nonclinical, clinical, CMC, RA/QA, commercial strategy and development)
- Working knowledge of GXPs and other applicable compliance requirements.
- Core competency for the application of traditional program management principles and practices