Job Title: Director of New Product Planning and Strategy
Job Number: 22468
Location: Cambridge, MA
Goldfinch Bio seeks a dynamic Director of New Product Planning and Strategy to lead the commercial strategy supporting development of GFB-887 and GFB-024. As an integral member of our team and a critical strategic contributor, the Director of New Product Planning and Strategy will collaborate cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to build, analyze, and assess market strategy along a product roadmap. By providing data-validated guidance through the product lifecycle, the Director of New Product Planning and Strategy will provide leadership and guidance to determine product requirements, set strategic priorities, design comprehensive insights plans aligned with leading questions and deliverables, and provide leadership and direction to drive, assess, challenge, and substantiate critical business decisions with respect to new product development.
- Serve as the commercial voice on the GFB-887 and GFB-024 development core teams.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop, update and maintain Target Product Profiles (TPPs) for GFB-887, GFB-024 and other pipeline assets.
- Identify gaps in internal understanding of target diseases and create and execute plans to address gaps through primary and/or secondary market research.
- Communicate key disease area/market insights to relevant internal stakeholders, identifying considerations and implications for Goldfinch’s pipeline plans.
- Monitor secondary sources to keep current on developments of potential partners and competitors; assess impact and develop the “so what” for the Leadership Team.
- Serve as primary liaison with consulting firm(s) to develop/update commercial and competitor assessments of GFB’s disease areas and pipeline programs; maintain up-to-date commercial content for partnering and investor presentations.
- Coordinate the annual corporate strategy process for the company working closely with Finance and Program Management functions.
- Support CBO/COO in day-to-day business development activities.
- Identify and plan for relevant partnering conferences, including JPM, BIO, BioAsia etc.
- Lead various ad hoc strategic projects.
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant / realistic plans and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in simple, effective language.
- Master’s degree in a business or a scientific field; MBA and/or PhD preferred.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of relevant commercial experience in biotech/pharma with a at least 3 years in a new product planning role; a science background and/or healthcare management consulting experience are strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of the drug development process including the strategic and operational requirements.
- Strong collaboration and influence skills. An ability to work across all lines as a general advisor and across the leadership team as a trusted partner, yet willing to challenge established thinking to drive a better outcome.
- Must have an aptitude to quickly understand new science and technology.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Goldfinch Bio