Job Title: Director Business Development
Job Number: 31862
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the Director of BD will collaborate with the sales and proposals / contracts teams to support various aspects of the sales cycle in a full service CRO environment, help support the sales activities for the CRO Business Unit, including market research / lead generation and support, proposals, and contract development (all types), and being a company ambassador at industry conferences and other events.
– Perform continuous searches through the web, paid search engines, existing contacts, and other available resources to identify potential targets worldwide relating to company service offerings and core competencies.
– Manage and lead assigned client accounts to ensure company's target market has a deep understanding of our value-added clinical development services.
– Participate on or lead client calls/ meetings to best position our value to clients and prospective targets.
– Track and maintain new leads in CRM/Salesforce to ensure all relevant information is captured in a complete and timely manner.
– Assist in the development of client proposals to ensure efficient and on time delivery in response to RFPs (requests for proposals) and RFIs (requests for information), and any related deliverables.
– Collaborate in the development of project budgets and client bid grids, as needed, in response to RFP deliverables.
– Assist in the preparation of formal client bid defense meetings, and attend these meetings when appropriate.
– Represent the company at conventions, symposia, industry meetings and special events, as needed.
– Create and distribute periodic sales reports to ensure timely and effective communication of key sales metrics to internal stakeholders.
– Perform ad-hoc analysis / generates reports as requested by management, to track and maintain key performance metrics related to sales, forecasting, budgeting, competitive pricing, and competitive offerings.
– Maintained and enhance technical/clinical knowledge on company services to the extent necessary to effectively communicate with clients and prospective clients.
– A driven sales professional with at least 5+ years experience in the same or similar role in the life sciences industry
– Experience in Ophthalmology CRO sales roles is a plus
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a business or scientific discipline
– Able to rise to the challenge and help build a leading service provider to life sciences companies