Job Title: Data Architect
Job Number: 24207
Location: Cambridge, MA
We are looking for an experienced Data Architect/Engineer to help develop strategy and implement solutions for storing and accessing the diverse array of data that we generate in house at FogPharma or through CROs. Extensive collaboration with key stakeholders in each department in the R&D organization will be required to successfully understand their needs and devise data management solutions. Accessing and analyzing diverse data types is essential for experimental and informatics scientists throughout the organization, and thus this role is vital for our ability to gain understanding that will fuel progression of our innovative pipeline. This is an exciting opportunity to help develop and implement data strategy at a growing company using a novel technology platform to make a substantial impact for patients with intractable diseases.
- Partner with data producers and data consumers to understand their needs and gain a strong understanding of the qualities and characteristics of the data.
- Develop strategies and implement data management solutions to satisfy current requirements and enable future growth.
- Build systems to enable top-tier chemists, biologists, biochemists and informatics scientists to gain new insights that progress the FogPharma pipeline.
- Ensure data interoperability among diverse data and experiment types.
- Devise approaches to deal with storing and indexing terabytes of raw mass spectrometry and NGS data to readily enable re-processing.
- Collaborate with IT department to ensure appropriate resources availability for current and future data management needs.
- Stay current in new technologies and trends in data storage, cloud computing and database architecture.
- Serve as a champion for adherence to data quality standards.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in information technology, computer science, bioinformatics, or related field.
- 7+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry implementing custom data storage and access solutions.
- Track record of success working with experimental and informatics scientists implementing platforms that serve a wide audience.
- Experience establishing processes for data storage and access that maximize data integrity and ease of analysis.
- Strong understanding of latest concepts in data storage, including different database architectures and data lakes.
- Experience with management of a diverse array of experimental data, including high-throughput screening, NGS, mass spectrometry, and in vivo data.
- Experience with cloud-based data storage solutions.
- Capacity to execute tasks independently to achieve company goals on an established timeline.
- Excellent communication, organization, multi-tasking, flexibility and team skills.
- Enthusiasm to work in a dynamic research environment.