Job Title: Corporate Controller, Director
Job Number: 31100
Location: Raleigh, NC
The Corporate Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer (in China) and be responsible for global financial reporting, global consolidation, and US accounting activities. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced accounting/finance professional to join a fast-growing innovative biotech company focusing on public health. The qualified candidate will work closely with key stakeholders across the organization from Commercial, Legal, Research, Clinical Operations, Regulatory, Project Management, Human Resources, Business Development, and Investor Relations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages all accounting for parent company, U.S. and Hong Kong subsidiary functions including but not limited to financial reporting & consolidation, budgeting, accounts payable, payroll, clinical project tracking and purchasing.
- Reviews, evaluates, and implements accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensures all financial reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares and presents consolidated financial statements and related reports, including but not limited to balance sheets, income statements, cash-flow reports, equity statements, budgets, and budget versus actual variance analysis.
- Supervises month-end close and monthly account reviews; prepares and presents monthly consolidated financial statements.
- Manages reporting of employee stock ownership plan.
- Coordinates annual independent audits and preparation of annual tax documents.
- Support budget preparation and analysis.
- Provides management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress.
- Oversees accounts payable function including but not limited to compliance with expense reporting, capitalization policy, and purchase order procedures.
- Partner with key business stakeholders to understand financial results and accurately support the company's forecasting process and capital allocation decisions.
- Ensures compliance with statutory payroll and regulatory tax reporting.
- Manages insurance policies to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Manages cash flow planning process and basic foreign currency treasury functions.
- Maintains banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Manages transfer pricing transactions and participate in IP strategy.
- Manages accounting for revenue and inventory.
- Hires, develops and manages accounting team members globally.
- Assists with company strategic planning.
- Assists with special projects as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required
- 10+ years’ experience in accounting
- Big Four accounting firm audit experience preferred
- Finance leadership experience in large multinational companies and development stage biotechnology companies
- Understanding of GAAP, IFRS, SOX compliance and SEC reporting.
- Experience with HKEX reporting a plus
- Expert understanding and implementation of technical accounting topics such as IFRS16 (ASC842) Leases, IFRS15 (ASC606) Revenue, etc.
- Experience with gross-to-net revenue accounting.
- “Hands On” ERP Systems Experience. NetSuite preferred.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and executive presence – ability to motivate staff
- Problem Solving–Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Reasons when dealing with emotional issues.
- Interpersonal Skills–Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Communication–Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs.
- Leadership–Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Ethics–Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking–Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment–Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Initiative–Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation–Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
must have CPA, must be comfortable with boss being in China-flexible for phone calls, must have Big 4 experience, must be willing to work in the office–Durham or